UCAS Conservatoires postgraduate tuition fees and finance

Postgraduate tuition fees vary across conservatoire courses – you’ll see how much they are when you search for courses. Find out more here.

Getting funding for postgraduate study isn’t always as straightforward as undergraduate study, but there’s still a range of options you can look into. 

Apply for a postgraduate loan

You could be eligible for a loan from the UK government of up to £10,000.

Other sources of loans

Professional and Career Development Loans can be used for courses or training programmes that help you with your career.

Tuition fee reductions

Often tuition fees are reduced, with the difference made up by a course provider’s public funding.

Studying a second master’s, or another equivalent or lower qualification (ELQ)?

If you’re now doing another postgraduate course at the same level as one you’ve already completed, you’ll have to pay the full tuition fees.

Search for funding

  1. If you’re looking to fund your postgraduate course, take a look at the Scholarship Searchwebsite, which has information and guides to help you research your study.
  2. Use the Prospects postgraduate funding search.
  3. Look for government funding from the seven UK Research Councils – for this option you’d normally apply through your course provider.
  4. Apply for Postgraduate Studentships – postgraduate positions that come with funding.
  5. Charities and employers are also potential sources of funding.

Disabled students

You may be entitled to Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) for physical or mental impairments, long-term or mental health conditions, or specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.

This funding covers the cost of the support you need – e.g. specialist equipment and nonmedical helpers – like a note-taker or reader.

  1. First you’ll need either a letter from your doctor or consultant confirming your impairment or health condition, or a diagnostic assessment of your learning difficulty from a psychologist or specialist teacher.
  2. Then you apply for DSA through your regional funding organisation – Student Finance England, Student Finance Northern Ireland, Student Awards Agency for Scotland or Student Finance Wales. It can take up to three months to arrange, so apply early.
  3. If you’re eligible you’ll then have an assessment to work out what you need – find an assessment centre near your course provider via the DSA Quality Assurance Group website.
  4. Once everything’s arranged, the money will be paid directly to your service/equipment providers, or to your bank account.

Find out more about DSA